It is assumed, by virtue of the fact they are here for a serious purpose, that participants are mature enough to respect others and to provide a framework within which all symposium participants can operate, with each action in good faith and appropriate to the primary purpose of their being here. Failure to follow these simple guidelines may result in participants being sent home and not being invited to participate in future sessions.
It is asked to maintain an appropriate conduct at the conference. It is recommendable to avoid some behaviors which may be distracting, inappropriate, or which may call attention to oneself either individually or as a group. More specifically, consider the following:
- No posters or notices are allowed on any walls, doors or other areas in the EuroMUN venue without the explicit permission from the EuroMUN Secretariat;
- Cell phones should not be heard in committee. You may use your phone and laptop responsibly for the only purposes of avoiding the use of paper;
- No MP3 players, iPods, etc;
- Alcoholic beverages may not be consumed at any time during the conference. When alcohol is available at conference-related activities, students should exercise discretion;
- No food is allowed in the committee rooms;
- The use of any form of narcotic drug is expressly prohibited;
- Smoking is not allowed indoors (exception of the open areas);
- All participants are expected to attend all the meetings. Not attendance to more of 30% of the committee sessions will amount to not receiving the certificate;
- Students staying in the hostels are reminded that they have a great deal of responsibility towards their hosts as well as towards their fellow residents. Your cooperation is needed to ensure the on-going success of this program. The organization won’t take responsibility of participants belongings left at the hostels nor at the conference venue;
- Take great care of your accreditation (badge and placards). If you do not have it, you will not be allowed into meetings. A new badge can only be applied for from the Conference Management. The participant must pay then a fee of 15 € at the time of the request.
For more detailed information, check our terms and conditions here.
As a serious and professional conference, EuroMUN expects personal appearance to be appropriate for a professional setting. Participants should not wear clothing, jeweler or accessories which are distracting, inappropriate, or which may call attention to oneself either individually or as a group.
Men should be dressed in a formal suit, shirt and tie or similar alternative, i.e. blazer or jacket with formal trousers. Girls should be dressed equally formally in suits, smart separates (whether trousers or skirts) or dresses. Essentially, look professional. Formal dress is not required for the social events, with the exception of the gala dinner and delegates’ ball.