What makes EuroMUN special are its high-quality debates, 13+ interesting simulated committees and an unforgettable cultural and social experience. Over the past decade, EuroMUN has developed to be one of the most international and successful conferences in Europe. More than, 350 delegates, visit the heart of Europe, Maastricht, spend 4 days with like-minded young adults and look for the most suitable and adequate solutions to pressing issues.
The conference aims at creating an atmosphere in which young students have the possibility to engage in debates and simulate committees, such as the International Court of Justice, the International Criminal Court, the United Nations Security Council and NATO; in addition to the European Parliament, the European council, the Consilium and the Commission, along with many other regional bodies. It is based in Europe but focused on the World. In today’s world it is more important than ever to find solutions to pressing topics, while maintaining a good sense of diplomacy. The conference mirrors the times in which we live today: the ambivalent and extraordinary complex environment we develop ourselves in. EuroMUN is an English held conference;
This year’s conference will take place from the 21st to the 24th of May and the discussions will be founded upon the theme: Connecting the Past with the Future. The theme refers to the crucial role that Europe has had, and will continue to have with providing innovative ideas that are of utmost importance to the development of the societal standards of tomorrow.
In specific concern for the 2020 edition of EuroMUN, it will be centered on innovation. Many core elements that characterize EuroMUN and make much of its identity will be kept, although some innovation will be brought about. For instance, we have recently introduced a new logo, which is very much representative of the European identity. A few other innovations will be put forward:
- Academic excellence will be mirrored in the choice of committees, topics and study guides. Chairs have been thoughtfully selected on the basis of their skills to lead a committee into academically challenging conversations. Delegates will also have to undergo a process of selection, correlated not to their acceptance but to the prestige of the position in which they will be allocated.
- Sustainability is a big aim that the logistics team is dedicated to.
- Gender equality is a characteristic of the conference as a whole.
- Creating an environment that goes beyond borders and enhances cultural diversity is a very important aspect that the Organizing Team is devoting much effort to.
- EuroMUN strives for having a regional, national and international impact through putting forward European Cooperation and Integration.
Overall, the objective of the project is to aid and encourage the democratic involvement of the youth through managing a dialogue between themselves and decision makers. This is done through learning, debating, and proposal writing; all skills our participants will highly benefit from after the conference as well.