You can participate to EuroMUN 2018 as a Legal Advisor. Legal advisors will need to demonstrate solid legal knowledge as well as knowledge on the framework of different committees. Essentially, a legal advisor needs to know what a committee can and cannot do (as of founding treaty) and be very clear of the legal implications of the topic discussed, on top of being an experienced MUN resolution-writer.
Each legal advisor will be assigned one committee. They will need to make sure that the committee acts legally within the framework of the simulation and appropriate to uphold the academic standard. Legal advisors review resolutions and give feedback to working papers, making sure that everything is within the mandate and scope of the committee and that all possible aspects of the topic are tackled. Legal advisors will also answer all the questions of the delegates that relate to the competences of the committee and the legal aspects of the topic discussed. Legal Advisors will need to provide clarification on any legal matter and be present when delegates motion to invite a representative to the discussion.
A few remarks:
- To be a legal advisor, you will need to undergo an application procedure (specifics are yet to be announced).
- Legal advisors are not eligible for any award, nor for the early bird discounts;
- Legal advisors will be provided with a certificate of participation;
- The participant’s fee for legal advisors is 50€;
- You can apply between the 26st of February 2017 and the 30st of March 2018;
EuroMUN 2018 will happen during Ascension Weekend, when all Maastricht hotels get fully booked with large advance. We strongly encourage you to book your accommodation with great advance. Please let your delegation know of this. We offer all our participants the access to the MECC Hotels Service platform, where you can book your accommodation for the best possible price. Find more info on that here.