To help you out with your pre-conference preparation, here is a simple packing list. Note that this is composed as of all that is generally foreseeably needed in EuroMUN; it does not apply to all conferences and it does not include the needs of all participants.
- Passport, ID and Visa (if applicable);
- Travel ticket (note that some airlines, require you to have an online check in);
- Itinerary to get to Maastricht from the airport;
- Hotel reservation information;
- Medical insurance card;
- Emergency contact information;
- If you are a minor: Letter of consent that establishes that the minor is has been allowed to travel with the responsible adult;
- Copies of all of the previously mentioned documents and store them separately from your originals (in case you lose the original documents).
- Credit card or debit card (make sure your card is Maestro – MasterCard is very rarely accepted in Maastricht);
- Cash (some stores or restaurant do not take credit or debit cards). But, all lunches and breakfasts will be provided for you, you will also have free transportation during the conference. Participants will only have to pay for the public transportation from the airport to get to Maastricht, for the drinks at the socials and for any other additional (and non-fundamental) expense that relates to leisure.
EuroMUN is four days long; hence you need four formal outfits for the debate sessions. On top of that, you need casual wearing for the social setting. Note that one of the socials will be a ‘delegate’s ball’ with a black-tie dress code: pack your long dresses and tuxedos! The clubbing night will be a neon party, pack a white t-shirt so we can make you shine with neon paint.
Materials for the Conference
- EuroMUN is trying to encourage sustainability. Try not to print documents and use the least possible amount of paper and printing;
- USB (For quick and easy information transfer);
- Laptop (Remember to charge it the night before the conference session);
- Laptop charger and EU adaptor.
All you need that is related to personal hygiene (inform yourself whether your accommodation provides you with bed linens and towels).
Note that you are not allowed to carry strong medications without a doctor’s prescription. Also, let us know via an email at email@example.com of any allergy to medication or food.
- Headphones, book…;
- Laptop bag or briefcase to use during the conference.